Coachella: Bringing the 1970s Back


Chloe-Spring-Summer 2015

Burberry-Spring-Summer 2015

Alberta Ferretti - Spring Summer 2015



Coachella: Bringing the 1970s Back
By Avi Manullang


Every year, people all over the world attend the Coachella music festival. There, they create a fashion scene that is a unique mixture of the Spring-Summer trends and the chic bohemian street style of California. In observing the styles from previous years, comfortable wear is a must for attending the outdoor musical extravaganza. Soft flowing chiffon outerwears, comfortable palazzo pants, cut-off jeans, floppy hats, stylish flats, and statement jewelries create the perfect casual chic look for Coachella.
Analyzing the 70s trend of Spring Summer 2015, one can only be ecstatic for the fashion for next year’s Coachella event. From Milan Fashion Week, Alberta Ferretti embodied the bohemian feel of Coachella. Large floral lace with fringe and neutral pastel chiffon maxi-dress garments graced down the Alberta Ferretti runway.
In Paris Fashion Week, Chloe presented a boho-chic collection with hand laced cutouts, denim, flowing peasant blouses, and folklore embroidered pieces paired with gladiator flats. This poetic and romantic feminine collection will definitely be seen in Coachella 2015. 
In London Fashion Week, Burberry displayed a more colorful approach than its traditional collection with the use of luxury fabrics like hand painted artistic prints, sheer ruffles, and oversized payettes combined with cropped denim and Birkenstock-like sandals.  This modern take on Burberry really suits the occasion for the outdoor music festival. The runways of fashion week Spring Summer 2015 expressed a major theme of the 1970s. Fashion Designer’s modern take of this trend creates the perfect ensemble for the upcoming Coachella music festival.


My first contributor (for Take Trends blog!) . I introduce Avi. He's talented and cute. We met in Los Angeles and San Diego Fashion Week Fashion Week. He was so gorgeous in his outfit that my friend Marty and I went to compliment! This is his first post and he also wrote a little bio that I find touching ...

My name is Avi Manullang and I am a fashion design student at Palomar Community College. I was born in the islands of Indonesia and migrated to the states at a fairly young age. Struggling with accepting my heritage and body image growing up, I secluded myself into the world of fashion. As an elementary student, I began creating fashion illustrations based on the anime Sailor Moon and the UK pop group music sensation, the Spice Girls. Two decades later those illustrations came to life when I purchased my first Elna sewing machine.

Fashion was an escape for me to find that normalcy in a strange new country. it  accepted me at an age where I felt like I was different and unwelcomed. Instead of disregarding my past, it helped me embrace my heritage, colored skin, and skeletal figure. My design esthetic is inspired by the various cultures of the world. When people see my garments, I would love for them to feel the same acceptance fashion gifted me as an immigrant child.

Comments

Popular Posts